History of Organization
Thirteen corporations in Central Florida founded the privately funded Central-Space Coast Minority Purchasing Council in 1980. Starting a new chapter in Jacksonville, the Council merged with Florida West Coast Minority Purchasing Council and changed its name to the Greater Florida Minority Development Council (GFMDC). In 1992, the name of the Council was later changed to the National Minority Supplier Development Council of Florida, Inc. In 2002, the Council name changed again to the Florida Minority Supplier Development Council (FMSDC) and in 2011 changed again to the Central & North Florida Minority Supplier Development Council (CNFMSDC).
The mission of the CNFMSDC is to provide a direct link between corporate America and minority-owned business enterprises.The CNFMSDC is a corporate member organization, and our primary objective is to help corporations with their supplier diversity efforts.
About the President
Malik was born in Harlem, New York and received a BS in Chemical Engineering. Malik attended Harvard Business School, all the while developing a “Black Community Game,” working full-time as a Chemical Engineer at Polaroid and renovating a four family tenement. Malik went to work at The Walt Disney Company where he marked a milestone in his own career by putting the media giant on the supplier diversity map. While at Walt Disney, Malik became involved in the FMSDC and was Chairman of the Board for 13 years, until 1997, he became the President of the CNFMSDC.Malik spent 14 years at The Walt Disney Company as Director of MBE Programs, winning many local and national awards.
- The only ISO 9001-2000 Certified Council in the NMSDC Network.
- The largest MBE trade fair in the Southeast United States.
- Our award winning website that includes our CNFMSDC Certified MBE online directory.
- Identification of capital and financing for contracts/purchase orders.
- Specialize in process-driven sourcing that targets your exact requirements.
- A vast database to provide you with a nationwide selection of suppliers.
- Management/Buyer Training & Assistance by a President with over 15 years of Program Manager experience.
- Developed assistance to companies and agencies without minority programs.